1.Introduction & General Terms
Cibus is the trading name of Cibus Manchester Ltd reg. 10455107.
Address: 9 Arliss Avenue, Levenshulme, Manchester, M19 2PD.
When we refer to ”we” or ”our” or ” Cibus” we are referring to Cibus MCR LTD or other subsidiary companies that we might have from time to time.
Cibus is committed to protecting your and your family’s personal information when you are using Cibus services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable for our customers. This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following services:
- Cibus website that links to this Privacy and Cookies Policy;
- social media or official Cibus content on other websites;
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person when visiting our premises.
In order to provide you with the full range of Cibus services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains the following:
- what information Cibus may collect about you;
- how Cibus will use information we collect about you;
- when Cibus may use your details to contact you;
- whether Cibus will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
Cibus is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the European General Data Protection Regulation, namely Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 repealing Directive 95/46/EC (these laws are referred to collectively in this Privacy and Cookies Policy as the “data protection laws”).
2. When will Cibus collect information about me?
- When you visit our website, use your click and collect service to buy products, or redeem vouchers from Cibus in a restaurant or online.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you make an online delivery purchase through our current or future partners, like Preoday.
- When you dine with us or purchase a product in a restaurant and don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you join or participate in a current, or future loyalty programme.
- When you sign up to receive our newsletters and promotional correspondence.
- When you redeem any offers received from promotional channels.
- When you purchase or redeem a gift card or gift voucher.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, feedback, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you book any kind of appointment with us or book to attend an event, for example master class pizza workshop or a table booking at the restaurant
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you, via email or in the restaurant, or reviews on 3rd party websites where you have given your permission to share data with us.
- When you fill in any forms. For example, if an accident happens in the restaurant, Cibus may collect your personal data.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
3. What information will Cibus collect about me?
- If you book a table at our restaurant through our booking service provided by any future supplier: your name, your email address, telephone number, booking details, such as booking location, booking time and number of covers.
- Details of your visits to our websites, and which site you came from to ours.
- Details of your social media profiles and postings.
- Payment card information to enable payment for services.
- Your comments, feedback and service reviews.
- Your data subject access request and forms of identity provided.
- Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our restaurant.
Other than specified above we may receive personal information about you when you participate in, access or sign up to any of Cibus’s products, services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, loyalty scheme, live chats, message boards, email and mobile notifications, telephone or text, book tickets for a Cibus event.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child aged under 16, we may process limited personal data about you so you can give consent for the child to access some Cibus products or services. We may use your contact details to communicate with you about the child’s account or use of services.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide
additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information.
When we do this we will provide further information about why we are collecting
your information and how we will use it.
Where we provide personalised services, we may ask your permission to review third party data about you, for example, your Twitter or Facebook feeds, to get to know you better and to provide more effective personalisation. Some of our services enable you to sign-in via a third party service, such as Facebook.
Cibus collects information about how you use Cibus websites or other Cibus content online, and the device(s) you use to access the services. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet.
4. How will Cibus use the information it collects about me?
We want to give you the best possible customer experience.
One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by
combining the data we have about you.
We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you. In the case of loyalty scheme members, we’ll also offer you relevant rewards.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
Cibus will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- to provide responses to queries you raise with us;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience;
- to provide shareholder registry services;
- where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity using our products and services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service. For instance, we could use your website viewing history to provide personalised recommendations. If you are signed-in or subscribed to email newsletters, you will receive a personalised service. If you don’t want to receive these services you can unsubscribe from email newsletters or disable personalisation.
- we may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes; and where Cibus proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first;
- If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of CCTV, fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. We aim to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities;
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement; and
- Sometimes, we’ll need to share your details with a third party who is providing a service (such as a table booking agent). We do so to maintain your booking. Without sharing your personal data, we’d be unable to fulfil your booking request.
5. When will Cibus contact me?
We may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for, in order to ensure that Cibus can deliver the services, e.g. to verify your email when you sign up for a Cibus account, or to help you reset your password/pin or to ask whether you agree to your child’s request for access to certain Cibus service);
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Cibus products or services;
- in relation to any booking you have made or any food orders you have placed;
- in relation to any gift cards purchased or held;
- in relation to any personalised services you are using;
- in relation to any communication you have submitted to Cibus, e.g. on Cibus message boards or feedback forms or via text or voicemail message;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Cibus services (participation is always voluntary);
- to update you on any material changes to Cibus’s policies and practices; and
- for marketing purposes, as set out in section 6.
6. Will I be contacted for direct marketing purposes?
Cibus will only send you marketing emails, texts, post or contact you on Cibus platforms or by phone where you have agreed to or requested this. We offer regular emails to let you know about Cibus products, services, news, offers and competitions. From time to time we may also contact you to ask your views on issues affecting Cibus. We may personalise the message content based upon any information you have provided to us and your use of Cibus products and services.
We may use information which we hold about you to show you relevant advertising on third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter). This could involve showing you an advertising message where we know you have a Cibus account and have used Cibus products and services. If you don’t want to be shown targeted advertising messages from Cibus, some third party sites allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers on their sites in the future.
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Contacting us to firstname.lastname@example.org to inform about your decision and we will then stop any further emails from that particular source.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
7. Will Cibus share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within the Cibus company except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, including for child protection reasons) or as described in this section and section 9.
Generally, we will use your information within Cibus and will only share it outside Cibus where you have requested it or given your consent. However, we may share with third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter) some data, with appropriate security measures, to show you relevant advertising on third party sites, as set out in section 6.
Sometimes Cibus uses third parties to process your information on our behalf, for example to provide services (e.g. click and collect service) or analysis. Cibus requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Cibus requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
We may transfer personal data that we collect from you to third-party data processors in countries that are outside the European Union such as Australia or the USA.
For example, this might be required in order to fulfil your order, process your payment details or provide support services.
If we do this, we have procedures in place to ensure your data receives the same protection as if it were being processed inside the EU. For example, our contracts with third parties stipulate the standards they must follow at all times. If you wish for more information about these contracts please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Any transfer of your personal data will follow applicable laws and we will treat the information under the guiding principles of this Privacy Notice.
8. What if I am a user aged under 16?
Protecting children’s privacy online is extremely important to Cibus. Our online services are intended for general audiences and do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. When users identify themselves as being children (i.e. under the age of 16), consistent with applicable law we will not provide a path for them to input personal information.
9. How long will Cibus keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Cibus. When information is required to be kept by law or for tax reasons, we will hold such information for 6 full tax years or such longer periods if stipulated by relevant legislation or tax law. Any remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes.
10. Can I delete my data?
If the data we hold about you is not required for us to fulfil a legal obligation, you can delete your personal data by contacting us by email at email@example.com or through our Contact Us form on our website.
As explained in section 9 above, deleting your Cibus account will erase any personal information in your account that we have about you, other than personal data that we are required to keep by law or tax law and it will mean any data we hold about how you have used Cibus products and services will be made anonymous.
11. Web browser cookies
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a “device”) web browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Cibus website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to understand the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. It also helps us provide a more personalised experience. Cibus uses this type of information to help improve the services it provides to its users.
c. Cibus Sharing Tools
You will also see embedded ‘share’ buttons on Cibus web pages; these enable users to easily share content with their friends through a number of popular social networks. When you click on one of these buttons, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. Cibus does not control the dissemination of these cookies. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Cibus website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
d. Cibus cookies and how to reject cookies
It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of some features of Cibus services, and we might not be able to provide some features you have previously chosen to receive.
12. Changes to Cibus’s Privacy and Cookies Policy
This Privacy and Cookies Policy may be updated from time to time so you may wish to check it each time you submit personal information to Cibus. The date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page.
13. Your Rights
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
- The right to object to processing of your personal information;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”);
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it;
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
14. Compromise of Personal Information.
If personal information is compromised because of a breach of security, the Company will promptly notify those persons whose personal information has been compromised, by email notice, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
15. Contacting Cibus about this Privacy and Cookies Policy
If you any questions or comments about this Privacy and Cookies Policy please contact: